Keeping the mission of Nanded Education Society in view, the founders of the society established separate institutions for primary, secondary, and college education. These institutes were set up to cater to the educational needs of backward region of Marathwada.
People’s College, Nanded was established on 26th June 1950 as the pioneering institution in Marathwada region to provide higher education. Visualizing the future and need of science education in India a separate science faculty was started in 1951 by this society.
The science and technology would occupy the center stage in the development of India and sensing this future need, the founders bifurcated People’s College, Nanded and established a separate college for science education in June 1963 as “Nanded Education Society’s Science College, Nanded”.
With the major objectives of Nanded Education Society based on need of science and technological education for backward region of Marathwada, NES Science College, Nanded proceeded to usher in the educational revolution in the region. The founders and constituents of college envisaged following set of the generalized and specific goals for the institution.
- To provide higher education to the youths of backward region of Marathwada in particular and Maharashtra in general.
- To impart science and technical education to youth of this region.
- To catalyze the development of enlightened and responsible citizens of secular democratic India.
- To try to cultivate the spirit of the service of the people in students receiving instructions in this institution.
- To develop the sense of service and belongingness towards the suppressed,downtrodden and exploited people of this region.
- To give a new orientation and educate the students to touch the life at all points with human values.
- To develop and evolve the students personality with freedom to develop their own views without prejudice and free from all “isms”.
In view of changing scenario of higher education at national and international levels and advancing frontiers of science and technology this institution has reviewed, contemplated and redesigned the goals and tried to give them a new orientation and additional dimension but keeping the core human values intact. These goals are as under.
- To provide ideal academic atmosphere for the pursuit of excellence in higher education.
- To introduce new restructured and vocational courses to keep pace with evolving standards of professional competence.
- To impart in-depth knowledge and expertise through innovative methods of teaching and learning so as to create a pool of resourceful, self motivated scientific manpower.
- To prioritize good governance and high ethical standards at institutional level.
- To promote high quality research stressing the regional needs and social relevance.
- To nurture the research activities for academic nourishment, updating and fostering of scholastic temperaments.
- To organize extension activities for community development focusing on civic responsibilities, social awareness and value based education.
- To provide a forum to promote the broader interaction among scientific, social, cultural community by organizing exhibitions, workshops, Seminars, Symposia, conferences and other relevant deliberations.
- To impart broad-based knowledge to face current competitive world.
- To make higher education relevant to knowledge age.