Department of English
Department of English is established in 1951. It offers two subjects, English compulsory and Additional English for UG programmes. The Department is flourishing under the vibrant headship of Mrs. Vibhati Vasantrao Kulkarni. The Department is emphasizing on the study of English as a global link language.
From HOD’s Desk
The English Department has pioneered various innovative activities to elevate the process of learning. It holds the responsibility to hone Communication and Soft skills of the students with the objective of ensuring growth, grooming and nurturing of their personality. The English Department is also known for its progressive and innovative outlook towards teaching and research.
Common subjects –Compulsory English and Additional English
Communication Skills and Soft Skills Course
|Sr. No.||Name of the faculty||Designation||Educational Qualification||Specialization|
|01||Mrs. Vibhati Vasantrao Kulkarni||Assist. Prof. in English
|M.A. M.Phil., NET, M.B.A. (HR)||Communication Skills and Indian Literature in Englishemail@example.com|
- The English Department conducts Communication Skills and Soft Skills Classes for the students.
- The Department organises mega event of College-Level Essay and Poetry Writing Competition.
- It keeps organising skill oriented programmes. It has organised ‘Skill Oriented Workshop on Jewellery Design’ and expert lectures on personality and career development.
- It is involved in organising entrepreneurship skill development training programmes and campaigns.
- It plays important role in preparing the college magazine Shabdshilp.
- It also undertakes various gender sensitisation programmes.
- English Department has started Communication and Soft Skill classes from 12th of July 2012.
- Conducted Essay Competition and formed Language Literary Group.
- Poster presentation competition was organized on 5th 2013.
- Organised Guest lecture on ‘Skill of Language Translation for Career Opportunities’.
- Organised guest lecture on ‘Personality Development’ on 11th 2013.
- English Department conducted Debate Competition on 19th 2013.
- Poster Presentation Competition
2.English Department conducted Debate Competition on 19 th Jan 2013
3.Skill oriented Jewellery Design Workshop
Lecture on Personality Development
Communication Skills Classes
Gender Sensitization Program
One Month Women Entrepreneurship Development Programme by Maharashtra Centre for Entrepreneurship Development
Inaugural of Three Days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp