Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination.
They open up windows to the world and inspire us to explore and
achieve, and contribute to improving our quality of life.
Our college has big centralized library enriched with huge and diversified and rare collection of books on basic sciences. Library also subscribes standard Journals of high impact factor from govt and well known publishers. We library staff always strives to achieve prominent role of library in the hearts of readers – Students, Research Scholars, Faculty and Retired Teaching Staff and visitors through sincere and dedicated services. Academic year 2016-17 of library was observed as -“Update of Library Database and promote the use of ICT Application”. Brief report of the year is given as under.
Library services: Information literacy programs, Books for home reading, Reference /Information services, OPAC facility, Reading Room services, Book Bank Scheme, Back Volume section services, N-List and DELNET services, Photocopying, Night Reading Room Library, Services to retired staff, General knowledge information on OPAC screen etc services provided from the library .
Promote use of e-Resource such as Directory of Open Access Journals, Shodhsindu etc. Library facilities are provided to cleaver as well as economically poor and needy students.
Library at Glance:
- Library students members 1172
- Teaching and Non-teaching staff 163
- Books Collection 33818
- Back Volumes collection 2590
- Updated books record 26048
- Periodicals: – Library receives 90 periodicals
- Database subscription
- N-List Database from INFLIBNET in which 3000 plus e-journals are available
- DELNET Database from Developing Library Network, New Delhi.
- Access to the database of Elsewhere and Science Direct from Sri Guru Govind
- Singhji Engineering College, Nanded
- Library is fully computerized.
- Library uses SOUL 2.0 software
- Cent percent books are barcoded
- Membership database is updated.
- Books circulation and OPAC are fully in functioning.
- Average number of users visited library 145/per day
- Average number of books issue return 165/per day.
Best practices of the library:
- Students Help corner
- Certificates for Best Users
- Library – Students Friendship Club
- Dnyankumbh Point ( Moral Thoughts/Personality development.
- Students participation in collection development
- General knowledge of OPAC screen
Library Staff: Experienced and well trained staff is available to render you sincere services.
|1||Shri. S. L. Jadhav||Librarian||25 Years
For detailed Bio Data click here
|2||Shri. S. R. Pande||Library Clerk||25 Years|
|3||Shri. S. K. Majge||Asst.||25 Years|
|4||Smt. Parwatibai Mane||Atten.||20 Years|
|5||Smt. Gangwal||Atten.||3 Years|
|6||Shri. P. B. Kadam||Atten.||2 Years|
|7||Shri. R. R. Makode||Supportive staff||3 Years|
Working Hours :
|1||Main Library||10 .00am – 6.00 pm|
|2||Reading Room||7. 30 am – 6.00pm|
|3||Night Reading Library||7. 30 am – 10.30 pm, 2 months in both semesters|
On behalf of library staff and myself, I well-come you all for making maximum use of library contents. We have rich collection of books on basic sciences. Besides this, library also possesses general books- moral values, novels, stories, biographies of great leaders, social reformers, educationalists, sportsmen’s etc. This variety of literature-books, periodicals, databases like, N-list, DELNET, DOAJ, etc. are available for you.
What we are expecting from you is that please do come regularly to the library for study. We library people wish to see the reading room is fully occupied and you are studying silently. This is the only place where you get treasure of knowledge and make your career more bright and confident.
With this we also appeal you all please use library books and other resources with due care.
Celebrated Birth Anniversary of Dr. S. R. Ranganathan on 14/08/2019.